New life for old furniture
Storage is essential for every home, but it doesn't always match your decor or impart a sense of style. We show you a selection of different ways to dress up a chest of drawers.
In three, easy steps you can transform a chest of drawers with masking tape and paint.
1. Lightly sand the drawer fronts before beginning and then mark out your chosen design.
2. Stick down painter's tape to outline your design. Press down well along the edges.
3. Paint on your design. Don't overload the paint roller - it's better to apply more coats - with drying time between - than apply thicker, messy coats. Let the paint dry completely before carefully removing the painter's tape.
Add a fun element to a child's bedroom with this chalk painted chest of drawers with animal figurine handles.
1. Lightly sand before applying 2 to 3 coats of chalkboard paint with a foam roller. Follow the instructions on the can for proper application.
2. Spray the animal figurines with 2 even, light coats of Rust-Oleum 2X spray paint in your choice of colours.
3. Screw the animal figurine handles onto the drawer fronts.